Tuscan style decorating was extremely popular between the years of 2005 and 2010. Tuscan decor was dominated by the colors dark red, chocolate brown, and gold, the metal finishes wrought iron and oil rubbed bronze, travertine floor tile, exposed dark colored brick, and ornately carved oversized furniture.
Where did the Tuscan style come from?
Tuscan homes originate from Italy. Their style is based upon Tuscan villas of the time. Their influence began in other countries as far back as the early 1600s when visitors from foreign countries examined Tuscan architecture and decided to bring these concepts home with them.
When were Tuscan columns invented?
above and note 5). this activity began in the sixth century B.C. Tuscan columns.
What is the Roman Tuscan order?
The Tuscan order (Latin Ordo Tuscanicus or Ordo Tuscanus, with the meaning of Etruscan order) is one of the two classical orders developed by the Romans, the other being the composite order. It is influenced by the Doric order, but with un-fluted columns and a simpler entablature with no triglyphs or guttae.
What is the Tuscan style?
Tuscan interiors feature a rustic, sun-baked look characterized by crumbling stone patios, simple and sturdy furnishings with elegant iron accents, terra-cotta tiles, textured wall finishes, elegant, detailed murals and trompe l’oeil designs.
How do I update my Tuscan style house?
- Refinish dark ceiling beams, baseboards, door frames and other moldings in a lighter shade.
- Paint walls white.
- Hang contemporary art.
- Bring in modern furniture pieces.
- Get rid of heavy wood beams on fireplaces.
- Install modern lighting.
- Replace cabinet doors with sleek, Euro-style doors.
How do I update my 2000 Kitchen?
- Upgrade your metals.
- Swap out your flooring.
- Consider removing your upper cabinetry.
- Modernize your countertops.
- Give people a place to sit.
- Get energy efficient with your appliances.
- Paint your existing cabinetry.
- Install new lighting options.
Tuscany… or California? A Magnificent Italian-Style Villa by …
The Amazing Luxurious Villas of Tuscany (Part 1)
5 Tuscan Home Décor with Old European Beauty